Creative Director leading teams to success while keeping one foot in the trenches. I love educating others about the ‘why’ behind the design, and being an active participant in making projects come to life excites me.
User Journey Mapping
CMS (WordPress, Shopify)
Enough code to be dangerous
Mobile App Design
Print & Web Design
Hubspot (Inbound Certified)
Microsoft Office Suite
San Francisco, CA | Since January 2016
Architects projects and is responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the 729 Studios creative department. Keeps one foot in the trenches, while helping to generate big ideas and execute projects.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Managing and executing the creative process from concept to completion
- Translating project objectives into clear creative strategies
- Working closely with multidisciplinary project teams inside and outside of the company
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met in-house and for client work
- Oversee relevant pitches and drives proposal scoping
- Meet with key stakeholders to translate strategies and solutions into digestible vocabulary
- Actively involved in recruitment, training, managing and mentoring creative team
- Create engaging experiences for users of a product by drawing on results from user research and work flow analysis through content, visual design, packaging, customer/technical support, branding, site maps, wireframes, and other aspects of UI/UX.
Nichole Gagliardo Designs
San Diego, CA | March 2014 to Present
Graphic and Web Designer
Dedicated and motivated freelancer creating digital and print media designs. Specialized in branding and visual identity as well as WordPress based websites.
Defense Language Institute
Monterey, CA | August 2009 to December 2015
Responsibilities included creating illustrations, animations, videos, interactive pieces, photo manipulations, copyright documentation, maintenance and updates of website and local web server. Other duties included print marketing media, interface design, storyboards, and style guides.
Supervisory Project Manager
Responsible for coordination and documentation of workflow and deadlines for self and as many as 18 team members. Mentored team members and provided support, assistance, and training. Team members held diverse positions including Writers, Editors, Programmers, Multimedia Designers, Illustrators, Flash Developers, 3D Animation Artists and Graphic Designers. Product workflow included research, writing, English editing, software development, editing XML and HTML, creation of graphic design elements in multiple formats, audio file processing, and quality review before product launch and distribution.
The Presidio of Monterey, DFMWR
Monterey, CA | September 2007 to August 2009
Responsibilities included a wide range of graphic design assignments, preparation of view-graphs, wall charts, posters, flyers, brochures and similar materials. Designed layouts and produced graphic designs as requested by serviced activities. Prepared illustrations for manuals, pamphlets, handbooks and similar types of publications. Served as point of contact for graphic and production contracts.
Media Design Master of Fine Arts
Full Sail University | 2011
Graphic Design Bachelor of Science
The Art Institutes | 2007
Years in the Industry
I have a rescue dog named Vince.
I have an embarrassing amount of appliances that allow me to make coffee.
Peanut butter cups are my weakness.